I had hair transplant almost 4 months ago. My transplanted hairs grows up but there is gaps between hairs?

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Gaps between hairs at 4 months

You must wait it out a full 8 months before you know what type and distribution of the growth of your hair transplants will be

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Be patient and re-evaluate 1 year later

Transplanted hair will shed off initially and grow back, 4 months is too fast to comment on the growth.  The current condition is the normal growth rate.

Alan Liu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplants

Are not always as thick as the original hair you had back at a younger age but they can always be made thicker. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Gaps between transplanted hairs at 4 months

Hello, Faraka--What you describe is completely normal. You are at the point where your transplanted hair is just beginning to grow, but not all of the follicles begin growing hair at the same time. This is why growth after a transplant is a very gradual thing and why it usually takes 10-12 months or more to see the final result. Be patient with those gaps: they should fill in with time, and will almost certainly be less noticeable in another 4 months. Of course, even after a year your transplanted hair probably wont be as thick as the surrounding hair, but this is something that could be addressed with another procedure if need be.
Thanks for your question--I hope this was helpful.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon