I want to know why I still feel pain after liposuction of one year?

i still feel pain on the areas where they did the procedure and there are lumps and bumps all over. i see noticeable depression please guide me what needs to be done

I want to know why I still feel pain after liposuction of one year

Thank your for your question. I will advise that you consult your surgeon that peformed the surgery and also if possible for you to have follow up examination i am sure that your surgeon can be of help in this situation.

Lumps and pain after liposuction

It is unusual for someone to have pain or even tenderness one year after liposuction.Uneven contours and lumps are unfortunately not that uncommon. You should first and foremost follow up with the surgeon who did your liposuction. You may also need to get a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon and should also let your primary care doctor know about any ongoing pain you may have. Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Pain a year after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you have pain - it is not normal a year after liposuction.
  • You would need to be examined to determine what is happened.
  • I strongly suggest you arrange a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Pain that long after Plastic Surgery is very unusual.  Some patients get a hypersensitivity over areas that were liposuctioned but that also usually gone after 3 - 6 months.  Also, since you describe having lumps and depressions, you should probably go get a second opinion from a qualified Plastic Surgeon.  You really need an in person consultation to get any meaningful recommendations.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

One year postoperative pain

You should not have pain after an entire year.  Heavy massage may help. I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to see what suggestions they have.

Pain one year after liposuction is extremely rare.

Pain a few weeks after liposuction is unusual let alone one year. Did you have laser or ultrasonically assisted liposuction? These modalities can be associated with pain syndromes.