I have developed a hard thing under my nipple 15 days after my gynecomastia surgery which is making it puffy, what is that?

I have developed a hard thing under my nipple and areola 15 days after my gyneocomastia surgery which is making it puffy, what is that????? What should I do? will massage work for me????? It is hard on both sides but 1 in the right side is hard and making it look somewhat puffier,,... what should I do?????

Lumps Following Gynecomastia Surgery

As you heal from #Gynecomastia Surgery, areas may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi Sheikho2649,
Thanks for the post. This question comes up a lot on these forums. Please refer to the link below for more information. I do recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation and recommendations.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Firm areas beneath nipples

The firmness that you feel most likely represents healing tissue and swelling.  This should improve over several months.  Massage can be helpful but seek advice from your plastic surgeon.  

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that this hard object is causing you to be worried.  Without photographs or an in-person examination, it is difficult to know what the object may be.  Occasionally surgeons will place a stitch underneath the nipple to gather tissue to prevent it from being tethered to the pectoralis muscle underneath.  Only your surgeon will be able to confirm this, however.  Voice your concerns with your doctor they will be able to diagnose the issue and provide reassurance.  

Hard areas under nipples after gynecomastia surgery

Thank you for your question. You are at very early stage of healing. It is not uncommon to develop some hardness while healing. Pictures would have help. I recommend you to see your surgeon for assessment and follow his instructions.