I had a crown put on my tooth a year ago. It is hurting a lot in my crown and also on the tooth which was grinded

My dentist asked me to drink milk 2 times a day to keep this tooth healthy , at first i did that regularly but then i stopped it , is that pain just because i stopped drinking milk or something else ? Besides this , i feel alot of pain while eating or drinking any cold or hor edibles or beverages

Crown pain #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for posting your question. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. I do not believe that the pain you are experiencing is due to you no longer drinking milk. Lingering hot and cold sensitivity following crown placement usually means that there is a nerve problem and a root canal may be necessary. I would recommend seeing your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Pain with crown

Hi:

I do not believe the fact you stopped drinking milk is causing the pain.  The pain could be coming from grinding on the tooth at night, bad bite, ill fitting crown or infection.  It is best to go back to your dentist and have him recheck the tooth.

Dr. Maddahi 

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist