I did crash diet for almost two months after that i had severe hair fall, i think its telogen efflivium. (photos)

im 22 years old female. I donot have any round bald patches but i have hair thinning now. There are small gaps in my scalp especially on sides and front . Will my hair grow back? I have never had any hair fall problems in the past

I did crash diet for almost two months after that i had severe hair fall, i think its telogen efflivium.

Telogen effluvium is common after crash dieting. Eat healthy with multivitamins daily and your hair should return to normal in 3 to 4 months. Do good nutrition one day at a time. If you diet you will always regain the loss when the diet is over. There is no short cut to weight control. Decrease calories by decreasing white starch and fatty foods. Smaller portions help lower calories. Go slowly and keep the weight off. Diets always result in regaining the weight loss.
You should still need to have an examination by a well-trained hair doctor for an accurate treatment plan and prognosis. In some situations (especially in male pattern baldness), some of the hairs might not come back.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crash diet and hair loss

Acute short term weight loss often produces hair loss. If you are a male, this hair loss usually does not return unlike females who will reverse the hair loss often. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon