I am 27 years old & suffering from balding; how many grafts are required? (Photos)

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "great" candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "great" candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

27-year-old with hair loss

I think the question you should be asking is not, "How many grafts are required," but "Given my age and the extent of my hair loss, what are my options?" Before jumping into surgery to transplant your crown while you are so young, many experts would recommend that you try medical treatment (finasteride, preferably in combination with minoxidil and/or low level laser therapy [LLLT] and/or PRP/ACell) first. You might be pleasantly surprised by the results, both in the crown and elsewhere. (See link below; scroll down to "Before and After Photos by Dr. Ballon" and select "Hair Loss Treatment." Results like these are fairly common and could help you save your donor area for a rainy day.) If need be, a hair transplant could still be an option down the road. See at least one experienced surgeon whose practice is limited to, or consists mostly of, hair transplants and get some guidance.Thanks for our question--hope this was helpful.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

I am 27 years old & suffering from balding; how many grafts are required?

Greetings Thank you for question and photos, Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How many grafts?

You are assuming that a hair transplant is the best option; however, maybe drugs like finasteride and minoxidil could work thereby avoiding a hair transplant. See a good doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon