I am a 22 years old male, Ht. 5'10" and wt. 65 Kg. For the past year I have been losing a lot of hair. What would you recommend?

Are any medicines helpful? Like Fastin or Perfectil Hair Plus? Is there any other treatment available? I want to stop Hairfall and want my hair to grow back without any side effects. Thank you.

22 years old possible losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I'm losing hair. What do I do?

There are many causes of hair loss. The treatment you might consider depends on the precise cause of your hair loss. Please see a physician to get an appropriate diagnosis and to discuss treatment. 

Your options to slow down the hair loss

Hello. For what you mention, you can probably benefit by using Rogaine or Laser Therapy. Also, if available in your country, you can try PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) which is a natural treatment that stimulates your follicles. Best of Lucks!!!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon