I am 1.5 month post op, FUT hair transplant. I feel severe itching in my recipient area. Is that normal? (Photo)

Itching

some itching post op is normal as you are healing after the procedure. severe itching, however, is not normal. you should follow up with the physician who performed your procedure to rule out any abnormality.

Chicago Physician

Itching may be normal after surgery. However "severe" itching may not be typical. It is best to contact your doctor.

Itching may be normal after surgery.  However "severe" itching may not be typical.  It is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching at 1.5 months

The medications HPR + HydroGel work well for itching and you can get the reference from your doctor to get this medication

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching after FuT

This case  is normal, as you have healing going on. You may use Antihistamine  tablets.  Additionally, medicated shampoo may help to remove scabs and control itching. This prickly feeling can occur for up to three months following your hair transplant surgery. During the first month, you should avoid scratching your head and irritating the healing tissues. However, after that initial period gentle massages may help the itching and stimulate healing. If the itching is not controlled, it is always a good idea to consult with your surgeon for a recheck in order to be sure if  there is infection or not 

All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon