Can I get a hair transplant? (Photo)

I am 29 years old and have been experiencing MPBfor 8 years or so. I have been on rogaine and finasteride for the past 2 years which has halted the process to a great degree however I haven't had any regrowth. I want my temples and frontol hairline restored. I don't care how unsightly the transplant looks if I lose more hair later on in life, I want to look good now.

29 year old wants to know if he can get a good result from a hair transplant

Your pictures do not show what appears to be anything more than a mature hairline. Some men consider the movement from their juvenile hairline to the mature hairline is balding, but that is not the case. The way I determine where the hairline belongs, is to have the patient lift their eyebrows up and locate the highest crease on the furrowed brow. A normal mature hairline will be one finger breadth above the highest crease so measure it and let me know. You may have a thinning hairline that is not evident on this photo and you may report back to me that the hairline in 1 1/2 inches above the highest crease, so in that case you would be an excellent candidate for a frontal hair transplant. See a doctor and find out for sure, you you can mail me your photographs with your eyebrows lifted and I can then tell you the status of your hairline location.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

29 y/o male with hair loss

I feel your pain and understand your frustration however there is good news and that you should and can undergo a FUE transplant to restore your temporal areas and frontline with a totally complete natural look that will serve you well for the rest of your life even if you continue to lose hair which is likely.

I understand your frustration completely and see many patients and your similar situation, and I offer them a hair transplant procedure and they are extremely happy and again their self-esteem and confidence is restored and I'm happy to say that they are happy for many years to come with a little downside. Don't lose the faith and give up just find the right person to perform the procedure and I'm in courage you'll be very satisfied. 

Hair transplant candidate

yes you do have receding hair line and some thinning   and miniturizaion in the mid scalp and the crown area.  You may have prevented or slowed down the progression of your hair loss by using the medication. However they do not help much with re growth specially in the frontal hair line.  Therefore to regain your hair back in the front and the temples you can do hair transplant and in addition continue using rogaine to slow down future hair loss.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

See a doctor

Are you looking for confirmation?  Hair transplant surgery is an elective cosmetic surgery.  If you want a unibrow, I'm sure you'll find a doctor who will do the surgery.

If you are unhappy with your appearance, see a doctor.  Obtain a diagnosis, educate yourself, and come up with a Master Plan.  This may or may not involve surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon