Hair fall after FUE; is this normal? (Photo)

I had fue transplant a month ago. Today I noticed that I have lost almost all transplanted hairs. I know that its normal for hairs to fall after transplant. But this much in just a month!! I am so shocked. Please advise me. Picture is also attached.

Shedding hair after a hair transplant

Yes, it is normal for hair to be shed after a hair transplant. This generally begins a few weeks after the procedure and it is followed by a period of time with no visible hair growth in the transplanted  area.  In about six months you will start to see the new hair growing. You should have full growth in approximately one year. 

Shedding after hair transplant

The natural and expected shedding after a hair transplant procedure typically occurs 1 month following the surgery. In terms of appearance, this is considered being the period causing considerably anxiety among the patients. It is of great importance to be able to maintain patience during this period. Your appearance will improve and look comparatively normal 4-6 months following the surgery and the final results may take as long as 18 months to be achieved.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery. It may take 6 to 12 months to see new hairs grow out.

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery.  It may take 6 to 12 months to see new hairs grow out.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair fall after FUE; is this normal?

Thank you for your question. Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op

all of the transplanted hair shafts will fall out after the transplant, it typically occurs between 2-4 weeks after. this is normal. majority of the time they fall out with the scabs, but sometimes a few hang around and fall out at a later date, and more can even fall out when the new hair starts growing in.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. Your recovery process seems to be occurring normally, however, it is always recommended that you discuss in-person with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. You are in the shedding process and will experience regrowth in naturally-occurring groups of 1-4 follicles. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair falling one month after an fue transplant, normal?

aguib,

Looks like this may be all entirely normal. We do not know what you looked like before the hair transplant. It is normal for the transplanted hair to shed temporarily for a while. It should start growing again within 1-2 months.

Sincerely, 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss after FUE Hair Transplant #FUE hair transplant #Neograft

• Hair transplant patients should expect the hair shafts of their transplanted follicular hair units to be shed over the first month.  This is normal!
  • The hair follicle which remains in the scalp skin will produce a new hair shaft(s) (1-4) over the next several months. 
  • So rest assured that this is normal, and there is no need to "freak out."
  • Thanks for sharing!

Shedding and hair loss

It is very common for hair transplant patients to lose hair within the first month after having a hair transplant. The hairs will start to re-grow around the 3 month mark and onward. 

The possibility is there that this may be shock loss however and is worth a follow up with the hair transplant specialist that you had the procedure done with.  

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loss of transplanted hair after a procedure.

Its normal to loose the transplanted hair 1-3 weeks after a procedure.  The hair typically comes back 2-4 months after the procedure.  The full result can be expected 9-12 months after the procedure.