Can I grow my hair back after PCOS?

Growing Hair with PCOS

Yes, you could have a transplant or other hair loss options like progesterone or PRP injections in the scalp to successfully treat hair-loss. Make sure everything is monitored by your Dr. and see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Is hair transplantation possible with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)

The answer is yes, hair transplantation is possible in someone with PCOS. 

However there are some things which determine whether it will be possible in an individual. 

First, the excess of testosterone should be controlled with medical therapy by a gynaecologist or endocrinologist and levels should remain stable for a prolonged period of time prior to considering hair restoration.

Second, the donor:recipient ration needs to be worked out. This means that the amount of hair in the donor area at the back and sides of the head need to be assessed by a hair transplant doctor to determine the amount of hair available for transplanting. The area and density of coverage in the thinning scalp that can be achieved needs to be carefully explained so that expectations are realistic.

Greg Williams, FRCS (Plast)
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is nothing called 'after PCOS" as this syndrome continues throughout your life. It must be managed by a doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon