How can i grow beard on my face without any surgery?

hello there! I need a good suggestion. Beard is not growing on my face. I have hairs on my chin only (like a small french cut). Other face is completely clean like a 14 years old boy. I have read some where that may be it is because of low level of testosterone. I have tested them and it is completely normal. I am turning 24 now. Please suggest what i have to do?

Beard hair is a genetic trait similar to the color of your eyes and hair. There are no medications to grow a beard.

Beard hair is a genetic trait similar to the color of your eyes and hair.  There are no medications to grow a beard.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Greetings Thank you for your question, this would be a Genetic problem in your family that you father and grandfather might have also experienced.You can consider to go for Beard Transplant surgery in the future.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Beard Growth

Many young men want to accelerate their beard growth and ask about it. It takes age (genetic triggers which occur in family lines) so if you want to find out when your beard will grow out, you need to find out when your father or grandfather started to grow their beard. Hormones should have kicked in nicely by the time a man reaches 18 but he must wait out his genetics as hormone alone are not responsible for the onset of beard grown. Beard transplants can be done when the young man is a bit older (over 25) if the beard has not grown in yet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard Growth and Age

In general hair will grow on the face in the beard area last after reaching puberty and some men will not grow much facial hair till age 30 and above. Also, consider amount of facial hair that your father has and at what age he grew his facial hair and also males on you mother's side.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon