I'm facing the problem of gynecomastia. I don't know how it solve it. Please guide me. What should I do?

I'm very dispear of it

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon can recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Thank you for the question and I would be worked up first by an endocrinologist and then get referred to a plastic surgeon if surgery is deemed necessary.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

A picture would be very helpful.  Surgery is usually necessary to masculinize the chest in cases of significant gynecomastia.  You should seek consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

For a question like this a photo would be so helpful. Sometimes it is just a "perception" thing. If surgery is necessary it can easily be done entirely through a tiny incision inside the armpit with no visible marks on your chest. Will be happy to help further if you send a picture.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia -- how to manage?

Gynecomastia refers to the enlargement of the male breast.  Typically, gynecomastia is related to an increase in both actual breast tissue and in fat; the causes can be related to hormonal changes, medications, or idiopathic.  Most commonly, it can be treated with excellent results with surgery.  Most surgical techniques will involve a combination of direct excision (to remove the breast tissue) and liposuction to contour the fat.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you options.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia does cause unhappiness

Gynecomastia is either fat or breast tissue or both in excess in the male breast.   This tissue can easily be liposuctioned out if it is fat.   If breast tissue a small open incision is made and the breast tissue is removed.  If a combination of fat and breast tissue, liposuction and direct excision can be combined to solve the problem.   Skin adapts naturally after the procedure.   Go for a diagnosis.   This is an easy problem to address and fix.    My Best,  Dr Commons