I'm facing the problem of gynecomastia. I don't know how it solve it. Please guide me. What should I do?

I'm very dispear of it

Doctor Answers 6

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon can recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and I would be worked up first by an endocrinologist and then get referred to a plastic surgeon if surgery is deemed necessary.

Dr. Corbin


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A picture would be very helpful.  Surgery is usually necessary to masculinize the chest in cases of significant gynecomastia.  You should seek consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
For a question like this a photo would be so helpful. Sometimes it is just a "perception" thing. If surgery is necessary it can easily be done entirely through a tiny incision inside the armpit with no visible marks on your chest. Will be happy to help further if you send a picture.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia -- how to manage?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Gynecomastia refers to the enlargement of the male breast.  Typically, gynecomastia is related to an increase in both actual breast tissue and in fat; the causes can be related to hormonal changes, medications, or idiopathic.  Most commonly, it can be treated with excellent results with surgery.  Most surgical techniques will involve a combination of direct excision (to remove the breast tissue) and liposuction to contour the fat.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you options.  Good luck!

Gynecomastia does cause unhappiness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Gynecomastia is either fat or breast tissue or both in excess in the male breast.   This tissue can easily be liposuctioned out if it is fat.   If breast tissue a small open incision is made and the breast tissue is removed.  If a combination of fat and breast tissue, liposuction and direct excision can be combined to solve the problem.   Skin adapts naturally after the procedure.   Go for a diagnosis.   This is an easy problem to address and fix.    My Best,  Dr Commons

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.