Can I expose my skin to sunlight on 21st day of using isotretinoin ? (photos)

There's a pool party and I want to go there. I have been using isotrentinoin and its been 17 days . I wanted to ask if the pool water and sunlight might do any harm to my skin. The pimples are gone at this point and only acne marks are there on my right cheek

Accutane and photosensitivity

Thank you for your question. A side effect of Accutane is photosensitivity, so if you are exposed to the sun for a long period of time, then the likelihood of getting a sunburn is higher than normal. Sunburns, especially while on Accutane, is not recommended because there are increase risks of scarring if the sunburns are severe. I always advise my Accutane patients to wear sunscreen with SPF at least 40, sun protection (i.e. hats with wide brims, umbrellas, etc.), and to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. I highly recommend you consult with your prescribing dermatologist regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.