Can dandraff effect my hair regrow?

I had my transplant about a month ago most my transplanted has fallen out, but i have dandraff problem that is worrying me? Can dandraff effect my hair regrow?When I try to remove the dandruff with my fingernails, the transplanted hair comes off with it (mostly the ones that have not fallen out yet after the surgery). Is that normal? Can I use a dandruff shampoo? If yes, which one do you suggest?

Dandruff is a scalp condition and it should not affect the transplanted hairs. If you are concerned it is best to follow up wit

Dandruff is a scalp condition and it should not affect the transplanted hairs.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dandruff

Dandruff is causes when your scalp is irritated, either due to irritation or allergy. 

Any irritation of the skin and scalp will be a poor prognosis for hair, particularly if your hair is genetically predisposed to fall.  Your hair is a byproduct of your scalp; the healthier the scalp, the higher quality hair produced.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Dandruff

There is no impact from having dandruff on such things as hair loss. Use a good shampoo that focuses on the dandruff

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon