Asymmetrical smile, any suggestions? (photos)

I have a asymmetrical smile with a muscle lagging down on left side

Asymmetry and Smile

A small amount of filler placed in the correct position will help adjust this asymmetry.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation is becoming increasingly popular because of its speedy recovery time and quick results. You are an ideal candidate because lip augmentation can address asymmetrical lips. I suggest you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry when smiling

Sometimes this is possible to improve with filler placed in the lip. Keep in mind that when not smiling, there might be an asymmetry at rest due to this filler. This is caused by differences between the 2 sides with muscle pull and bony/soft tissue structure which can't be easily corrected.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Asymmetrical smile, any suggestions?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that your left upper lip has a smaller amount of red showing when you smile and this can be corrected with a small amount of dermal filler to make this area more pronounced.  It would be important to ensure that this smaller appearance also occurs when not smiling so as to not replace one asymmetry for another.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation