Right areola little puffy after Gynecomastia surgery. (photo)

Hi every one....I had Gynecomastia surgery 3 weeks ago and I am also wearing the garment since the day of surgery, so far the healing is pretty good and my chest shape has changed drastically from too much puffy to normal but I am just worried about my right areola which is a little bit puffy and when I wear T shirt, the difference can be seen clearly between both areolas as the right side appears pointy and puffy, so I was wondering whether it would become normal with time or not...thank you

Right Areola Still Puffy After Gynecomastia Surgery

It's still quite early into your healing stage and its not uncommon for each side to differ as each breast heals quite different from one another. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.