After 9 days post op (fue) when I wash my hairs some crust come out with hair is this ok (photo)

I'm worried about my transplant. 

Shedding crusts after a hair surgery

I recommend from day 10 the patient wash and massage the scalp when wet and massage with the weight of the fingers using the fingertips in a circular motion to break down any crusts. If performed twice daily, this will really speed up the healing process and break down the crusts and scabs. It will feel like grit coming off the scalp and this is part of the process.

If it’s the first surgery then some patients are  scared to massage but it really needs to be done. By day 15 you should have a pretty clean scalp, so don’t be shy but massage to speed up this procesAll the best

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Shedding

During this period scabs along with your hair may fall off.  Scabs in the recipient area will typically fall off after 10 days. Furthermore, the natural and expected process of shedding after a hair transplant procedure typically occurs 1 month following the surgery. Thus, there is nothing to worry about.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are worried about how your scalp looks after surgery, it is best you contact your doctor for a recheck.

If you are worried about how your scalp looks after surgery, it is best you contact your doctor for a recheck.  Crusting can be normal.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding crusts at 9 days

shedding crusts at 9 days is normal and this will continue for a while. Eventually most of the grafts will shed

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon