22 year old female. Diffuse hair thinning. More prominent in the frontal region: treatment options? (photo)

All hormone levels (FSH,LH,testosterone) normal. Diagnosed with androgenic alopecia..Can hair transplant work? I have always had thin hair so I never noticed that they were getting thinner. My doctor has advised PRP. Please help me out!

PRP effective for diffuse hair thinning

Hi kabii, PRP is a relatively quick set of injections into the scalp that helps to increase blood flow and deliver growth factors to the hair follicles. Injections need to be repeated about once a month for 4 months, then every 3-4 months for continued benefit.  Your doctor will draw your blood and prepare the PRP from it.  In my experience, patients report less shedding of hair, as well as an increase in the number of hairs, and thickness of existing hairs. Your photo does not suggest that you need transplantation as first line therapy.  Best wishes,

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. Prp injections are a great option in addition to progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer