No pain at all?

I had a Coolsculpting treatment last sunday. I've read about the pain, bruises and cold but I didn't experience any of these. It wasn't cold at all and after the treatment, my stomach was flat, needed no massage. The women who treated me said that the stomach is usually soft comparing to other parts of the body. Was this a faked Coolsculpting?

Coolsculpting and Pain

The majority of patients do not experience any pain at all from Coolsculpting.  They sit for an hour with the adaptor on and an hour just flies by with no after effects.  This is the typical reaction to Coolsculpting and that's why it has become such a popular procedure.

No CS?

This does not sound good.  We have never had this experience.  Does not sound like the real thing.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

How should you feel after coolsculpting

What you describe sounds odd.  Immediately after coolsculpting of the abdomen, the applicator is removed to reveal what looks like a red stick of butter.  That firm area develops because the fat is crystalized.  It is either massaged by hand or broken up using radio shock waves with a Z wave device (we do the latter in my office).  But I can't imagine how anyone could 'fake' a coolsculpting unless they didn't turn the machine on while you were connected.  Since I wasn't there, I can't say anything definitively.  My recommendation is that you see the treating physician (ie the physician in whose office you had the coolsculpting, even if it was her or his assistants who did the treatment).  You could find out that all the patients treated that day had the same experience because there was an honest error in treatment protocol.

I hope this answer was helpful.
Best wishes

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD