Serious Pain and Trouble Swallowing/speaking After Botox/Juvederm Cosmetic-next Course of Action?

I had Botox cosmetic/Juvederm for the first time about a month ago, and soon thereafter began experiencing neck pain, pain and trouble swallowing, and pain and hoarseness when speaking.I have also had a rouge hive or two pop up, and I've never had hives before in my life. I have brought it up to the Plastic Surgeon who preformed the injections and was told it was not a result of Botox. I saw an ENT who cannot find another cause for this. Should I go see an allergist next? Please help

Botox & neck problems

Thank you for your question. The symptoms you have described are extremely rare, but can occur if Botox was injected into the neck area. I recommend having a consultation with a neurologist for a full work up. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox & neck problems

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Unusual symptoms of neck pain and swallowing difficulty after Botox

These symptoms are extremely rare to develop after Botox, but can if the Botox were injected in the neck area. Distant symptoms are extremely rare but have been reported.  See a neurologist for a full work up.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox & neck problems

Did u have Botox in the neck area? What you are describing is extremely unlikely if Botox was used in the forehead/eye area

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox & neck problems

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon