Will a total treatment of 50 minutes on one side of flanks/stomach area be the same effective?

The coolsculpting applicator popped off after 30 minutes and then was immediately re-applied and popped off again after only 20 minutes. So I received a total treatment of 50 minutes on one side of flanks/stomach area. Will this treatment be as effective as a full 60 minute session uninterrupted?

Treatment Length of CoolSculpting

Congratulations on completing your CoolSculpting session.The recommended continuous treatment time is 56 minutes.However, you could wait to see how your results turn out before you decide more treatment time is necessary.If you have any concerns, you could always follow up with your treatment provider.I hope this is helpful.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Time of CoolSculpting Session

Thanks for your question.Technically, you should have about 56 minutes of continuous treatment.Even if your treatments added up to 50 minutes total, it is recommended to get a continuous 56 minute treatment to achieve the best results.That being said, you may want to wait to see the results and then determine if you need an additional treatment because you would not want to create any asymmetry. Best of luck.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for a question. A full treatment interrupted is ideal. I would recommend waiting a few weeks to see how your results turn out. You will then be able to determine if you require another treatment. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting And Applicator

If the cycle popped off then a new cycle needed to be initiated.  You can remove the piece with ten minutes or so before the full time. I would address your concerns with your provider.  Best, Dr. Green