SculpSure / ultrashape vs lipo?

If I chose to have ultra shape or a sculpt sure procedure done instead of getting liposuction? How many treatments would I need of ultra shape or sculpt sure to get the same look like if I had lipo one time and all the fat was gone or removed in one? Also, with sculpt sure is it a procedure that is done on a weekly or biweekly basis until you get the results you really want? Can you see the results after the first session with sculpt sure or ultra shape?

Expectations vs invasive and non invasive procedures.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Firstly, you need to ask at the question what are you wanting to achieve? If you want 'instant' results with definition, Dr Emer is correct, you will benefit from VASER or a similar procedure. 

As fro Ultrashape and SculpSure, these are non invasive methods of fat reduction. They take up to 6 weeks before seeing results, and upto 3 months for the best outcomes. I have experience with both Ultrashape and SculpSure, and the later (SculpSure) is a much better treatment. Another option is Coolsculpting. 

My advice is to see someone like Dr Emer who has experiences with all these devices, so you can have the best results possible, whilst meeting your expectations. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Fiori Institute of Body Contouring

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz

SculpSure vs. Liposuction

No non-surgical procedure is going to give you the same, immediate results as liposuction. However, for the right patient, SculpSure can deliver pretty amazing fat reduction -- 23% in the targeted areas. I typically treat an area at least twice so that's something to consider and the treatments need to be spaced 6-8 weeks apart. Hope this helps. 

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. The answer to your question is dependent upon an in person examination of you, and an understanding of your aesthetic desires. SculpSure is a toning technique rather than a weight loss treatment. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure vs UltraShape vs Lipo

Hi Kelly, thank you for your question. The first important point is that you need to decide if you want invasive vs non invasive option. SculpSure is simply the best non invasive modality to permanently remove fat cells. It has no downtime, no scars, and is fairly comfortable.  You can get this treatment on the same area as early  as four weeks after your initial session. I have many patients who are able to see results after the initial session, so it is very possible to get the results you want.  Liposuction is a whole different procedure.  Your results will vary based on the provider you choose for the procedure. Some surgeons are conservative, others are not.  The important questions you should ask is what result do you want and if you want downtime.  Best non invasive results are with SculpSure. Best Invasive Results are with Liposuction. As always, an expert consultation is required and is very important to determine if you are a candidate for both.

Sculpsure vs Liposuction

To really get the answer to your questions, you should have a consult with a board-certified physician who performs both non-invasive and invasive fat reduction.  Only with an in-person evaluation can your questions be answered accurately.

Liposuction will give you more dramatic results.  The trade-off is that it is an invasive procedure, requires anesthesia, and will require some downtime for your recovery.

Sculpsure results are not as dramatic as liposuction but works well in the right patients.  Sculpsure is non-invasive, does not require anesthesia and there is absolutely no downtime after the procedure. 

Is non-invasive fat treatment right for you?

Hi Kelly,

SculpSure is the new standard in non-invasive fat reduction.  It has FDA clearance for use on the abdomen and flanks (sides).  Studies show a 20-24% permanent reduction in fat on treated areas.  The big question you have to answer for yourself is, 'What are my expectations for treatment?'  You'll receive the most drastic results from surgical liposuction, however, you may not want the incisions or risk of contour irregularity seen in this more invasive procedure.  

With SculpSure, you can repeat the procedure several times, no less than 6 weeks apart, until the desired result is seen.  On average, patients will have two treatments to get their desired result, but many patients are satisfied after just one.  To see the final results, you should wait the full 12 weeks, which is similar to the timing with liposuction.

I hope that this answers your questions.  As always, visiting your plastic surgeon for a consultation is best.  Everyone is unique and there is no "one size fits all" approach for fat reduction.

Best of luck to you!

Dr. B

VASER Hi Def Versus Sculpsure

noninvasive treatments cannot give you what hi def liposuction can, which is full body contouring and etched lines. I suggest if you are looking for contouring please find a liposculpture expert.  If you want spot fat reduction, consider noninvasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculpsure

Sculpsure, Ultrashape, and Zelfiq (fat freeze) are all FDA approved non-invasive procedures for reducing fat.  For non-invasive procedures, we prefer Sculpsure because of up to 24% reduction in the treated fat and the 25 minute treatment time (by far, the shortest of all 3).  Sculpsure typically does not have to be repeated.  Liposuction will give the most consistent fat reduction but, of course, is a surgical procedure.  Your best option is to see a physician who can counsel you on both the non-invasive modalities and well as the invasive options and which might be best for you.  

David Alessi, MD

Sculpsure--how many treatments?

SculpSure is FDA approved for one treatment to remove 25% of fat layer (down to 1.5-2.0 cm) not 50-80% like liposuction therefore it doesn't have the potential for deforming side effects from too much unequal removal. If your  BMI is over 30, expect 2 treatments to an area as likely in your budgeting--and 10-12 weeks apart.