Questions about SculpSure, Ultra Shape, CoolSculpting

If I don't know which procedure is better for me can you give me some feedback how sculpt sure works, and how does it differ from ultra shape, and also from coo lsculpting? Most plastic surgeons charge $200-350 for a one hour consultation in my neighborhood, and I cannot afford spending $200 - 350 for a doctor to patient one on one feedback? Whatever you guys tell me from this site I really much appreciate it?

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best non invasive fat reduction system... Sculpsure

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The main methods use different technique to achieve the same objective. Harming the fat so that the body destroys it. coolsculpting uses cold, Ultrashape uses ultrasound, Vanquish uses radio frequency, and Sculpsure uses Laser technology.

The most effective ones are coolsculpting and Sculpsure. My preferred one is sculpture because the customization to the areas.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the most effective fat treatment by eliminating up to 25% of your belly fat in 25-minute in-office treatments. It is a painless treatment. We apply SculpSure by placing velcro strap onto the target area and the patient remains relaxed in the room as the Velcro straps emit a warm pleasant feeling while the laser technology dives deep to address the subcutaneous fat. Patients walk out of our office with no pain as they are ready to continue their day. I suggest you consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure, CoolSculpting and UltraShape

The market for non-invasive, outpatient fat removal is exploding!  The newest kid on the block is SculpSure, the first FDA indicated laser for non invasive fat removal.  It was recently approved in October of 2015 and is quick, only 25 minutes, and easy. It is a diode laser that targets and destroys fat cells through the heat of the laser.  There is less pain than CoolSculpting during and after the treatment session. There are 4 treatment heads that can be contoured to fit basically any area of the body.  Sometimes multiple different areas can be treated at the same time!  One or two sessions are needed.

CoolSculpting has been on the market for 5 years and also destroys fat cells, but by using cold therapy not heat.  It does take longer, 1 hour, and the applicator head only works on areas of the body with loose skin that can be drawn into the treatment head.  There is more discomfort during and after the treatment.  Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure reduce fat on average 25% per session and results take 8-12 weeks to be see results.  Two or three sessions are needed and it is FDA approved.

UltraShape is also an outpatient procedure, it takes 45 minutes to perform and 3 sessions are necessary.  It uses ultrasound energy to melt fat cells.  This technology is not FDA approved and can be quite uncomfortable during the treatment session.  It also targets only small areas at a time.

Currently, SculpSure would be the technique of choice for safety, pain, treatment time and technology!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure vs. CoolSculpt vs. UltraShape

Sculpsure is the latest FDA approved technology to permanently destroy fat cells non-invasively.  Up to 24% of the fat cells in the treated area are permanently destroyed in a single 25 minute session.  SculpSure is able to treat 4 areas in a single treatment. The procedure has minimal discomfort during treatment and no severe nerve pain as can be seen with other devices. There is absolutely no downtime after the procedure and patients can resume full activity immediately afterwards. The initial results are seen in 6 weeks with optimal results at 12 weeks.  The treated area smoothly tapers out to the surrounding tissue with no sharp demarcations or ledges.

SculpSure is a game changer in the realm of non-invasive fat reduction. 

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure how does it work?

There are a number of different non-surgical fat reduction treatments now.  SculpSure and CoolSculpting kill fat and are effective in a single treatment, while all the others require multiple treatments.  SculpSure does not result in long term pain and contour irregularities, while CoolSculpting can.  SculpSure treats a larger area than CoolSculpting.

Dennis Dass, MD

this is a laser versus ultrashape that is ultrasound (similar to liposonix) and coolsculpting which uses cooling.  I love sculpsure and we were one of the first to have it. results are seen relatively quickly and the treatment is only 25 mins per area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculpsure, Ultrashape, and Zelfiq (fat freeze) are all FDA approved non-invasive procedures for reducing fat. For non-invasive procedures, we prefer Sculpsure because of up to 24% reduction in the treated fat and the 25 minute treatment time (by far, the shortest of all 3). Sculpsure typically does not have to be repeated. Liposuction will give the most consistent fat reduction but, of course, is a surgical procedure. Your best option is to see a physician who can counsel you on both the non-invasive modalities and well as the invasive options and which might be best for you.

As far as the consultation, many docs will let you apply this towards a procedure.

David Alessi, MD

The best option for spot fat reduction

Thank you for your question. At our practice, we are huge proponents of the SculpSure treatment. It was not the first noninvasive fat removal device to come out but it has the best outcome and our patients have seen great results after it. SculpSure is a hyperthermic laser fat removal system that works by directing laser energy into your treated areas. This laser energy heats the fat cells and surrounding tissues, thereby agitating the fat which causes them to release from your tissues. Then, your body naturally removes the fat cells and leaves the treated area flat, firm, and tight. There is no downtime and patients can return to work or other activities after treatment.With SculpSure, you can treat up to four areas at one time and it only takes about 25 minutes per treatment. What I like about the SculpSure is that it heats up the fat cells to that it not only gets rid of them, but also helps promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. Also the fact that the treatment time is shorter and more areas can be treated at once. We’ve not seen negative side effects from SculpSure so overall we feel it’s the best noninvasive option in the market. If you’re interested I suggest scheduling a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician to review your treatment area and ensure you are an ideal candidate. Good Luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

All can work

Thanks for taking the time to educate yourself.
Many techniques can destroy fat such as laser (SculpSure), freezing (Coolsculpt), and ultrasound (UltraShape). 
Realself has patient reviews that should help you make your choice.