Coolsculpting vs smart sure

If I had a non invasive procedure done the fat reduction is 20-25%, but would I be able to see the results of the procedure after or within the three months time frame? Let's say you have a small belly, and your belly is sticking out, and also fat from your sides, so when you bend down you or anybody else can be able to see that unwanted fat? Can one session of cool sculpting or smart sure do a great job, after one session? Can somebody get a total flat stomach after one session of cool sculpting?

Coolsculpting vs smart sure

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedures, and determine the best option for you. An in-person consultation is always best. Regards, 

#CoolSculpting vs #SculpSure

Dear Kelly.001:

You pose a number of questions.

First, patients who have one of these two treatments often begin to see some reduction after 1 to 2 months, but the full result is not achieved until 3 to 4 months after treatment.

Second, I would never promise anyone that they could have a "totally flat stomach" after one session of either of these treatments. Patients who are slim overall, with a small bulge in the abdomen do achieve dramatic improvement with one treatment. And every patient gets a consistent reduction in fat with one treatment of 20 to 28%. So I would say it depends upon your starting point.

Lastly, you seem to be asking about #CoolSculpting versus #SculpSure. Of the noninvasive options for fat reduction, CoolSculpting is still the gold standard, for several reasons. It has been around since 2009, and the efficacy and side effects are well understood. Also, for most people it really is not uncomfortable at all to have the procedure performed, whereas in my experience more patients relate that SculpSure is either painful or in some cases intolerable. In addition,  and this is not a major difference, although each SculpSure treatment takes only 25 minutes to be completed, the treated area itself is about the size of a pack of cards, and it takes more than eight of these areas to add up to the size of one CoolSmooth applicator and more than 10 of these SculpSure areas to add up to the size of one CoolMax applicator. Since four of these areas can be treated at once with SculpSure, two on each side of the body, you would need more than two cycles of four treatment areas each to equal one treatment with a CoolSmooth applicator and three cycles of SculpSure to treat more fat than that in one CoolMax treatment area. Also, studies with SculpSure have reported up to 24% fat reduction, whereas with a post-treatment massage CoolSculpting delivers a 28% reduction of fat in the treated area.

SculpSure could be preferable if one has a cold-induced disorder such as circulating cold agglutinins due to chronic active hepatitis, or possibly a history of Raynaud's disease or chilblains.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting / Sculpsure and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

20/25% requires a number of treatments even with sculpsure and coolsculpting to get an ultimate outcome.  I suggest you see an expert.  I find that lipocontouring gives much more results and permanent body shape changes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Results after one session of cool sculpting

Dear Kelly.001, The number of sessions is totally dependents on the area of opportunity to begin with and which applicators are used. Make sure you get a reputable consultation in your area with a provider you trust. Cool Sculpting is excellent on a healthy height and weight client with small problem areas. I would seek a one on one consult with a certified RN or practice and allow them to map out what they believe you need. But, seeking a flat stomach can be achieved but in the right type of client with excellent skin and the tissue lays out amenable to cool sculpt meaning visible bulges. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Number of Sessions Required

No one can "guarantee a total flat stomach" in one session of any non-invasive body sculpting procedure. The percent of fat cell destruction in one study with Cool Sculpt was 22%, SculpSure 24% so pretty equivocal. If that degree of reduction gets you to your goal then one session is enough. If not you need a second or potentially even a third session. It all depends on where you are starting and where you want to get to to be fully satisfied. In my opinion CoolSculpt has more potential down sides- sometimes there is unevenness in the fat removal, leaving a 'shelf' or what some call a 'shark bite' deformity. There have also been rare cases of more fat growing in the area (Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia or PAH). With SculpSure this has not been reported, and because the treatment is Laser/Heat based we see both a tightening effect in the skin and a nicely tapered result (no sharp demarcation between treated and untreated areas).
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician