Itching after hair transplant?

i transplanted(FUT) a year ago. still i have itching in transplanted area. my result is 70% but not getting rid from itching .i consulted my doctor, he gave a cream named FUCIDINE but that is temporary effect. what should i do ??

If you have itching after a year, it probably is not related to your surgery. You may want to go see a dermatologist.

If you have itching after a year, it probably is not related to your surgery.  You may want to go see a dermatologist. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching

I would stick with your doctor's advice and keep seeing your doctor for the appropriate recommendations. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching after Hair Transplant

It is unusual to have itching 1 year after hair transplant. It could be a topical allergy to shampoo or other product. Fucidin is topical antibiotic. Do they suspect an infection?

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching after a hair surgery

Itching can occur post transplant ,this is normal and it is a part of the procedure . The cause of itching at the first week  is usually different than the cause at the upcoming months . In general itching may occur due to usage of  topical products such as Rogaine and Minoxidil. My advise to you is to consult with your surgeon to see if something goes wrong.

All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon