I was wondering if my new partner are able to feel that I did breast augmentation?

I just had breast augmentation Surgey went from small size to moderate size, cohesive gel silicone and I don't want to inform my new partner so I was wondering if he ll able to feel that during the sex ... When I am allowed to do that based on the doctor recommendation

Implant palpability

The ability to feel the implant depends on the size of the implant and the amount of your own breast tissue. If you can feel the implant your self then it is reasonable to assume your partner will as well. Physical activity limitations are best discussed with your surgeon.

Sex after surgery

Believe it or not if you don't bring it up my experience is that significant others are clueless unless they happen to question you about the insertion scar. Your plastic surgeon will give you the best answer in your specific case about this and sex. For most of my patients I allow sex to begin at 6 weeks with the woman on top to minimize the risk of trauma. Here are some of the guidelines I give my patients following breast reduction: Following surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than twenty pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and improvement of shape may take several months to a year or more. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

#breastaugmentation
#sexaftersurgery

Depends on your partner

Thank you for the question.  This really is up to your partner if he knows what implants feel like but it would be hard to tell that something is out of the ordinary.  This also depends on the size of your implants.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

No

I don't answer questions that have more than two answers unless I can contribute.
If he is a normal average dude like most of us, he will be thinking breasts.  NOT IMPLANTS!!  Especially during sex!!!!
We don't care what's in there.  If they look good, and are a nice size, that is all that matters.  Most guys do not know what a "normal" breast is suppose to feel like so don't worry.
Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Feel of implants

Thank you for your question. This depends. I think it's likely that your partner will be able to tell that something is different. I would generally say that you need a minimum of 4 weeks of recovery before considering sexual activity involving the breasts. Even then, you will still have some degree of soreness. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Feel of implants

The feel of the implanted breast has multiple factors. The most important is how much overlying breast tissue you have. The more tissue, the less palpable is the implant. Secondly is the type and mobility of the implant. Textured, shaped, highly cohesive gel implants (Allergan 410) have been described to have a "one breast feel" in that pressure to move the implant within the pocket is resisted by the stiffness of the implant and the aggressively textured surface. As far as physical activity, each surgeon has their own thoughts. I tell my patients to avoid anything that raises their heart rate or blood pressure for 1 week. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Can my partner feel that I did a breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Much of your question will depend on the amount of natural breast tissue you have relative to the size of implant.  Certainly cohesive gel implants feel very natural, but if you can feel your implant, it is reasonable to assume that your partner can as well 

I Just Had A Breast Augmentation - Will My New Partner Know That I Had A Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for this excellent question and one that is asked quite often.

There are many variables one has to take into consideration to answer your question. 

1.  Do you have a lot of breast tissue or do you have very little?
2.  Was the implant placed on top of the muscle or under the muscle?
3.  What is the skill level of the surgeon performing the operation?
4.  Are you following some of the simple rules that will decrease the chance of post surgical capsular contracture, such as taking antibiotics before any dental visit?
5.  Are you using a firmer implant to decrease the chance of rippling such as the new Allergan Inspira?
6.  Did your surgeon place your incision in a hidden place where you new partner is very unlikely to look, such as your armpits?

As you can see, the answer to your question will truly require an in person evaluation by a Board Certified plastic surgeon.  Obviously, the first place to start your questioning would be with your personal plastic surgeon, and I am sure that he or she did their absolute best to make your breast augmentation appear natural. 

If you would like to continue gaining information from your RealSelf cadre of excellent Board Certified plastic surgeons, I recommend you answer all the above questions and send some before and after pictures.

Feeling the Implant

Thank you very much for your question.

The ability to feel the implant is based on the size and type of implant, the amount of breast tissue (including muscle if placed below it) you have overtop the implant.  I would continue to follow with your doctor to make sure you are progressing well from surgery.  Best of luck!

Good question. Much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.
3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.