If I have BA surgery on 8/23 (under the muscle) do you think I will feel well enough to attend a wedding on 9/3?

Wedding 1 week after surgery

Thank you for your question. There are many factors that play a role in postoperative recovery.
Things that may make for a longer recovery include: large implant size and placing the implant under the muscle. Also, everyone tolerates discomfort differently. You may be well enough to attend a wedding, but be careful when family members come in for a big bear hug. :)
- Dr. Bryson Richards

Will you feel ok to attend a wedding

This is a common type of question and the answer is always difficult to give with accuracy.  How will you feel a little over a week after a sub muscular breast augmentation?  Well you might feel just fine.  Or perhaps you could have significant discomfort still.  The truth is: it depends on how you heal.  I'd say you are most likely going to feel ok to attend a wedding and enjoy it.  But, there does exist the possibility that you could still have discomfort that limits you, or even a worse case scenario of a post-operative complication that requires attention.  It's pretty early after a surgery to guarantee how you may feel.  
If you've had other types of surgery before and know how you tend to experience pain then you might be able to predict with more accuracy.  You will probably be fine, but you run the risk of not feeling well enough.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

You should feel pretty good at 10 days post surgery.  You may not have your energy level back to 100% and you will likely still have some soreness, so listen to your body.  Good luck with your upcoming procedure!

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question. Every patient is different in the healing process, especially approx. 10 days after surgery. You will most likely still have some discomfort, limited arm mobility and tire a little easier...
Hope this helps, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD