Abdominal wall reconstruction with or without full abdominoplasty? (Photo)

I am having abdominal wall reconstruction for a large ventral hernia repair. General and plastic working together. I can pay to continue with a full abdominoplasty, for the skin and belly button. Otherwise they will remove only small amount of skin at closure (bikini line incision). As you can see I already have hanging skin. Is it worth doing if I don't intend on wearing a bikini, or will there be so much skin it's visible under clothes? I also wish to loose about 20 lbs post op.

Best evaluated in person

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is difficult to say how much intra-abdominal fat you will have, and therefore how much of a bulge will be left after the hernia repair.  I would just proceed with the reconstructive procedure first, and potentially stage in secondary cosmetic correction.