What is the best to put on a face and neck chemical burn?

What is the best to put on a face and neck chemical burn

Doctor Answers 3

Specialist prescription creams and ointments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best solution will depend on the type and depth of damage you have, including the presence of any possible scarring or infection. The mainstay of treatment is prevent or reduce these side effects, later working on skin colour changes. You do need Specialist advice for assessment, as we can not assess online. 
All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Chemical Burn- See Dermatologist for Wound care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should consult with your physician for assessment and wound care treatment. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lasers, peels, and skin care. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Treatment of a Facial Burn

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Managing burns is not a do-it-yourself project. The first goal is to determine and limit the depth of injury. Second degree burns can evolve into full thickness burns by infection or poor management. 
Yoy should be seen by a Plastic surgeon or a General surgeon versed in burns. Depending on the thickness you may need surgery or preliminary treatment with Silvadene. Once healed, further surgery may be required to treat contractures and bands and compression may be needed for months. Only a thorough examination can suggest the initial best step for you. 

Peter Aldea MD

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.