Wondering if I am a Tummy tuck candidate? (photos)

I have an unsightly muscle seperation on my stomach from 2 pregnancies very hard to put jeans on still look 3 mos pregnant. is there some way of getting my diastasis recti repaired with out havin a huuuuuge 6 inch gaping scar across my tummy? Sorry for the ugly picture...: /

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Tummy tuck

A full tummy tuck would correct your diastasis recti, but unfortunately the trade off is the scar. However, the incision can be placed very, very low so that it would be hidden by your underwear. In addition, there are things that you can do to help minimize scarring. As a matter of fact, my patients rarely complain about their scars!

Tummy tuck candidate

Hello and thank you. From your photos and history you appear to be a candidate for a full TT with liposuction of the flanks and back. There is no way to avoid the long, low scar associated with the procedure without compromising your results. 
Good luck
DrBurnett#realself100

Tummy tuck

if you have muscle separation, then some type of diastasis repair would flatten your tummy from the inside.
An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy Tuck

You would appear, purely from your pictures, to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty. An examination, however, is required to determine if you have significant intraabdominal fat which would reduce the result you would obtain. Without excess intraabdominal fat you should obtain an excellent result. You need to realize that the scar is significantly more than 6 inches. I runs from hip to hip. However, when done by an experienced plastic surgeon, the scar should be quite thin and almost disappear after about a year. "Huuuuuge...gaping" scars by them are the exception rather than the rule.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

Janet,
Thanks for your question and for the photos.
Based solely on your photos, you are a great candidate for an abdominoplasty.
Good luck with your decision.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck

From the photos you posted it appears you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  This would address the skin excess, fat, and what appears to be diastasis of the abdominal wall muscles.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos submitted, you appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) surgery aims to create an abdominal profile that is smooth and firm by removing excess fat and skin and tightening weakened or separated muscle. The scar is placed extremely low - approximately 7cm from the vaginal crease within the bikini line. I encourage speaking with your board certified plastic surgeon for individualized advice.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

It looks like you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. The scar may be long but usually it is inconspicuous and patients are so happy with the way their tummy looks they don't care about the scar. Also it is hidden in your underpants or bikini bottom. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Wondering if I am a Tummy tuck candidate?

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome.
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this  or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD  FACS
La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon