Do the results from SculpSure depend on the doctor who performs it?

I am considering Sculpsure and was wondering if the results depend on the Doctor or technician who performs it. I knows it's done with applicators but is there one setting or are there various settings? I know with laser hair removal and other lasers the results you get depend on the settings and the skills of the person performing procedure. I am thin and always work out but can't reduce my calves and wanted to try Sculpsure.

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure results dependent on who performs procedure?

Your initial consultation should be with a physician who not only has a great deal of experience with SculpSure but also a lot of experience with other body contouring procedures.  If your physician is not properly trained in liposuction or abdominoplasty, then they can only offer SculpSure which is not always the best option for every patient.

SculpSure is just one of many body contouring procedures that we offer.  If you are not a good candidate for SculpSure we can discuss other options that may be more effective.  

Once the decision is made that SculpSure is a good option, the actual treatment is provided by a fully trained and certified member of the staff.  This insures that you are getting the proper treatment by an individual who is very experienced in the procedure.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Training for SculpSure is provided by the parent company

SculpSure is provided by the company Cynosure.  This is a very big company that deals with over 2 dozen lasers and is experienced in training it's customers in the proper use of it's machines.  Before a physician's office can offer SculpSure treatments the entire staff is trained and certified by Cynosure to guarantee proper patient selection and treatment.  

Do your research, check the credentials of the office you are considering and talk to staff.  You must feel comfortable in the person you select to perform your treatment.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Who is best for your sculpsure treatment

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The success of treatments are related to the providers that give the treatment. 
Adequate patient selection and understanding of goals are the key for happy patients and good outcomes. If your providers does not understand this simple rule and only wants to make profit then the outcomes and the patients will be disappointing. 

Wishing you the best in your journey

Sculpsure and Contouring Clinics.

Short answer- yes. The results are depends on the experience level and your expectations. Sculpsure is an excellent treatment for unwanted fat in suitable areas, but may not be the BEST treatment for you.
Some patients may benefit from Coolsculpting, whilst if you have loose skin, Themage or other energy devices may suit. Always consult a clinic who has numerous non-invasive devices, this way they can tailor your body type to each machine. Yes, SculpSure has different settings. By default, most patients start at 0.9 and the average patient handles up to 1.3, some at maximum 1.5. The higher you go with SculpSure and other energy devices, usually the better the result. Coolsculpting only has one setting- COLD.

For more contouring, Coolsculpting and invasive procedures such as Hi-Def Vaser  is best, if that is your goal. Expertise, Board Certifications, and a variety  of invasive and non- invasive methods is the best way to choose the clinic for you- reputation counts, so does word of mouth. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Credentials and results?

The SculpSure company (Cynosure) trains its doctors before they can use the machine and gives them a certificate which should have the name of the MD/DO/RN(california), PA who is adjusting the settings once they turn it on. The settings get adjusted and must be done by the MD/DO/RN/PA. These adjustments will vary from different practices, but only a small amount. NOW: shrinking calves with SculpSure is "off-label" (unstudied) and hard to know how much is fat. Fat is fat, but other structures like veins, nerves etc. are also present. It is always good to seek a physician who has PERSONAL experience with this area.

Thank you for your question. The operator does have the ability to adjust settings but as long as the physician or technician has been properly trained the Sculpsure will deliver consistent results. Where it will make a difference is having a physician evaluate you to determine if SculpSure is the correct procedure to get the results you desire.

Results of SculpSure Treatment

Before deciding to have any procedure, you should research your doctor to make sure they have the proper credentials. In regards to SculpSure, your results can depend on the placement on the applicators, and the setting of the laser. 

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Results of SculpSure & different practices

Thank you for your question. With any procedure you are considering, you should always make sure you’ve researched the practice offering it. As long as the practice is well skilled in the procedure and have been using it for a while, it will be fine. You can even look at before and after’s that they may have, to ensure you are happy with other patient’s results. All of our technicians and doctors that perform SculpSure are well trained in the procedure before they begin working with patients. There are different setting levels and the settings are placed higher depending on the patient’s pain tolerance. We like to ensure they have the best results but if the patient requests a lower setting than we will try to work with them.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Do SculpSure results depend on doctor who performs it?

As with any treatment, including SculpSure, the results are influenced by the person performing the procedure.  The placement of the applicator can make a difference and there are different settings that can be used as well.  The calf area can sometimes be difficult to treat if there is not a significant amount of fat present.  There is a significant amount of muscle in that area as well.  Additionally, this would be considered an off-label area to treat with SculpSure, as it is currently FDA-approved to treat only the abdomen and the flanks.  An examination of you would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for the treatment. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon