Radiesse or fat transfer for hands? (Photo)

Which will give better results. small framed hands...that feel uncomfortable too veiny.

Radiesse or Fat Transfer ?

Hello and thank you for your question. Radiesse is an excellent way to augment your hands. There is little down time and the results are beautiful. There are many complications that can be caused with fat injections and the results are unpredictable. Best, Dr Faraz

Radiesse injections to rejuvenate hands

While some people have long lasting results with fat injections, the procedure is unpredictable and given the safe and long lasting fillers we now have at our disposal, for many patients I believe they are the best option. Radiesse can be used in the hands very nicely and is often diluted with lidocaine.  This is a very popular procedure at our office and patients love the results.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse or fat for #HandRejuvenation?

Dear Janet852:Because fat injections can be unreliable in their longevity, and the procedure itself is complicated and expensive, I prefer to augment hands with Radiesse. With one syringe to each hand, most patients achieve a year's correction, with no downtime. All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Radiesse in the hands

Thanks for your question and photo.
I have found that Radiesse is a simple and great way to augment your hands with little down time or side effects.  Fat transferis more in depth and has many more potential complications when used in the hands.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Radiesse or Fat Transfer

I have used both methods and prefer Radiesse for this area. It does not require a "harvesting" procedure so is simpler and has less risk of leaving an uneven contour, although fat has the potential of leaving some permanent benefit, where as Radiesse will eventually completely disappear. Good luck

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

Radiesse and hands

Radiesse works very well for hands and does not require 2 procedures (getting and injecting the fat) so I prefer it.  make sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Radiesse Great for Hand Rejuvenation

Radiesse is a calcium based injectable that is amazing for hand rejuvenation.  Properly placed, the Radiesse fills the hollows and assists in covering many of the vessels on the back of the hand.  The procedure is painless with minimal down time.  And, the results are immediate.  Hands show signs of aging similar to that of the face, with loss of volume and contour.  Also, Radiesse like fat is a natural product in that it consists of calcium.  In my practice I prefer Radiesse over fat injection for simplicity, predicability of results and the contour restoration that yields a natural appearing hand rejuvenation.

Radiesse and hands

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, Radiesse will deliver a more precise and aesthetically pleasing results on the hands as long as the injections are performed by a skilled and Radiesse experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I highly recommend you consult with an experienced and certified injector. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD