I am 175 pounds and 5'7 tall. I'm going to have a lift and implants under that muscle. (photos)

750 cc are to big for me? I don't want my breast to fall down

Lift with implants

Yes I think that 750cc will be too big, especially if you are wanting a lift.  I think you are an excellent candidate for a lift but depending on what size you want to end up being you probably want to stick to the 600cc range.  To answer your question better it would be nice to see what look you wish to achieve.  Best of luck to you

Are 750cc implants too big?

Thanks for your question.. I'm going to take a little more direct approach than other surgeons here.  It is very likely that yes, 750cc implants are too big for you.  You can clearly benefit from a lift, and placement of an implant at the same operation is certainly an option.  A single stage augmentation and lift is a great operation and one that I and my peers perform frequently.  That said, the larger the implant, the tighter the lift will be and the less likely that you can get an optimal outcome.  With the amount of tissue that you have already, a 750cc implant will give you a very large breast outcome- that is fine if you want that type of outcome, but if that is the case I would consider a staged procedure.  If you are looking for a more proportionate or simply a full appearing outcome, I would consider another consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Another opinion can only help to clarify your goals and ensure you are getting a great procedure.Best wishes, Dr. L

I am 175 pounds and 5'7 tall. I'm going to have a lift and implants under that muscle.

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice improvement from breast lifting surgery.The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you talk about the pluses and minuses of adding an implant to a breast lift surgery with your surgeon.

Breast Implants

Hi Adry Jones,  I agree with you and your PS for a lift, and if you want, of course, the implants, too.  One stage.  Here are a few tips for you because this is perhaps
the hardest decision for a patient to make, as well as the surgeon.  Also see the video attached to my answer.  We spend up to two hours for our BA consults
to be sure there is careful communication. We do a full exam in front of a
full-length mirror taking six exact measurements.    We
put your photos on a large computer screen for imaging, and go over your
“ideal-size” photos. We then save this information to your password protected
“web account.”      First and
foremost the implant should fit the dimensions of your breast and tissue cover.
 Balancing the implant to your
over-all body shape and tissue cover is essential.    The main thing is to
have the diameter of the implant fit the diameter of your breast "foot-print".
 Higher profile implants tend to have a smaller diameter.  Higher is really a marketing term, but often
translates into the same volume implant with a narrower base.  Saline implants actually tend to decrease in
diameter as they are inflated!  The average size chosen over our last 7,000 breast implants was
“350cc”.  BUT, 90% of our patients tell us they wish they were
bigger a year after BA.  (We will see you
every year for routine checks at no charge.) It’s like your mind incorporates
the "new you" into your own self-image over a period of time. Cup size estimates can be misleading, but I generally advise patients
that they will experience an increase of approximately one cup size per 200 cc.
 You can try on implants in the office by
placing them into a special bra.  The implant is also flattened somewhat when under
the muscle, so it is a good idea to bump it up a bit. Approximately 1-ounce (25cc) is added to the final volume to account for
flattening of the implant in the partial sub-muscular pocket.  Once you decide on a size you like, then add
on 25cc, because in real life the implant will be flattened slightly by your
tissues.  Multiple measurements need to
be taken to fit an implant to your exact anatomy.  Have your surgeon's
office show you the charts of the implant dimensions for the various profiles
of silicone and saline from the manufacturer.  Then you and your surgeon
can piece together the puzzle by matching your measurements, with your wishes,
versus your tissue cover and the available implants to arrive at
a surgical plan.  Keep in mind
larger implants tend to have more problems over the years.  Since silicone implants wrinkle less than
saline implants, they might be your best bet.      You can
also approximate this at home by measuring out an equivalent amount of rice
placed into a cutoff foot of old panty-hose, and put this in your bra.  Wear this around the house for a while, and
see what you think.  Implant size must
square with assessments of tissue cover, breast diameter, and chest wall width.
 Multiple measurements of your chest wall
are taken (seven in total).  Implant size
selection has been an issue of much discussion.     
Therefore, I use a wide variety of methods, but the implant size is
always established preoperatively.  Also,
patients are advised to bring reference photos demonstrating their ideal size
and shape.  A photo album of patient
pictures is maintained to assist them.  These photos ultimately help in determining
where the implants will be placed, since they can be shifted inside (to provide
more cleavage), to the outside, up or superiorly, and down or inferiorly during
surgery.  In determining the final size
selection, I always place the highest priority on the preoperative measurements
and potential tissue cover.  Finally,
your verbal requests are factored into the analysis.        Be sure
to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of
Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic
Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic
Surgeons).  Also, ask if the PS has an
established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several
hundred breast augmentations each year.  Be sure the PS has been in practice for a
while, about 20-years might be a good gauge. 
Does the PS offer all three incisions? 
Discuss the implant type (gel or saline), shaped "gummy bear"
or non-shaped, smooth or textured, implant pocket (over or under the muscle)
and the "quick-recovery approach." 
Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their
website.  If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast
implant patients for you to view.  I would also recommend that your doctor
offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss
their experience with you.  You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the
environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center.  Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she
has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals,
which they can provide you.       All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

750 cc too much?

An augmentation with a lift is two opposing operations.  By lifting the breast, you make it tighter and prettier, by augmenting, you make the breast larger, better shape, but heavier.  By your photos, you have a lot of your own breast tissue.  Even removing some of this at the time of surgery, your breast will still be large.  Only so much can be removed safely.  No answer is accurate without a full examination, but my estimate would be you will have a lot of drooping, and the breast tissue will be hard to keep up high.  Large breasts are great for a while, but they set you up for additional surgery, usually too soon.  Consider some additional consultation before you proceed. Best of luck with your research and plan

Dr. Schwartz

Michael R. Schwartz, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants