Can I fix my nose? (Photos)

I have a bump on the top of my nose and I was wondering how I could fix it . Also I'm curious to know if it will require surgery. If so, about how much would it cost ? Thank you

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. In regards to cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000.  Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Surgery will be necessary to achieve what you are looking for.  The hump you seem to have may be shaved down.  In addition, your nasal bone will need osteotomies (break the bone) to narrow that area after the hump removal.  The cost will vary depending who you go to and where.  I recommend that you see a facial plastic or a plastic surgeon for a consult.  

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

A closed Rhynoplasty

You should benefit from a closed Rhynoplasty. Your bridge,tip and bones need to be worked. A board certified plastic surgeon in Dominican republic should charge from 3000 to 4000  dollars.

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

Can I fix my nose?

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to fix the nose which would include shaving down the dorsal hump and narrowing the bridge line. The bump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be surgically shaved down. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones are required to narrow them and close the open roof created from the hump removal. For more information about hump removal and many examples along with our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Dear dodgers752,

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty (nose reshaping). Fees vary based on location, experience, and reputation of the surgeon.  I would recommend seeing a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty,  with at least 5 years of experience, and can you show you before and after photos.  

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to fix a bump

Dear dodgers2752,

• A rhinoplasty can be used to reduce that bump for a more smooth profile
  • Alternatively, injecting fillers into the nose can be done non surgically to hide the bump
  • The fillers are temporary though
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can address your concerns

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Can I fix my nose?

Thanks for your question and photographs.  You do appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty performed using a close technique to lower and narrow your nasal bridge.  It is important that surgery not be performed aggressively but there is significant aesthetic gain in my opinion for you.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for a face-to-face consultation and for recommendations.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty

From the pictures, you would benefit from a closed rhinoplasty.  This would remove the bump on your bridge.  Costs are based on what exactly will be done based on an in-office exam.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Nasal bump removal?

it depends on what you want with the remainder of your nose. It appears that most of the bump is on the outside of the nasal bones and this could be filed without requiring a full rhinoplasty. Only an evaluation in person will determine this. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results. 

Rhinoplasty for bump

The bump can be fixed with surgery or camoflauged with fillers via non-surgical rhinoplasty. My recommendation would be to get the bump fixed through surgery so you can enjoy the results without having to return again and again for filler injections every year. The surgery would involve taking the bump down and fracturing the bones so expect some bruising and swelling for one week. The surgery cost can range from 7,000 to 12,000 dollars depending on the expertise and costs for OR and surgical fees. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD