Does compression foam help asher skin to muscle after lipo? What brand of compression garments are better?

I am having a lower body lift, arm lift, and contractures of both implants removed and replace with new implants. There are so many products I would like to know those that will help achieve best results. I will get one garment but I need to buy another one. Does compression foam help?

Liposuction and Garments

Garments are essential post liposuction and in my practice we use foam and tight compression.  I suggest speaking to your physician about what they feel is best.  Dr. Emer.

Garments

Thank you for your question. Good luck with your up coming procedure. Choosing your Doctor is the most important decision. A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. There are several great brands of compression garments available now. You need to be measured, the garment must fit properly. My Nurse has mastered this skill ! We prefer to use Fajas D' Prada . Remember when the garment gets loose its time to go down in size !

Mrudangi S Thakur, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments

Thanks for your question. The compression garments are very important after surgery. In areas that have loose skin it is also a good idea to use foam. This evens out the pressure and allows it to heal better. It also helps to decrease the swelling and bruising. You may also want to ask your surgeon about arnica tablets after surgery to speed up recovery time.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Compression after body sculpting

The compression garments are one of the most important components to after care.  In addition to the garment, applying foam to certain areas that need a little more squeeze may decrease swelling and bruising.  Check with your surgeon to see if foam will be applied at the end of the procedure or if this is something that you need at all.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Body lifting - what garments are best?

Thank you for asking about your body lift procedures.'
  • You are having a lot of surgery - and I hope it all goes really well for you.
  • Foam under a garment definitely reduces bruising and may reduce swelling -
  • But it is not always available and is not necessary.
  • There are many excellent manufacturers of surgical garments -
  • The one I use is Marena who have a very comfortable material and good customer service.
  • Your surgeon should either buy the garments for you or direct you to her/his preferred supplier.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Foam and lipo?

In certain areas of the body such as around the waist, I find compression foam and a binder to be superior to any garment.  I also use drains within those areas because the negative pressure of the drains is what truly allows the best collapse of the honey comb pattern that is formed from the many passes of the cannula that are necessary for a great result.  I usually switch the patient to compression garments alone after the drains are removed.  As far as the brand, I'm sure your plastic surgeon will tell you what they prefer.  For only areas such as the arms, compression sleeves seem to work best because the full compression shirts are hard to put on and are uncomfortable to wear.
Best wishes

Shayne Webb, MD

Compression foam

Thanks for your inquiry, I use compression foam in many different ways but not in all cases.  Only your plastic surgeon can advise if foam will help your result.  "Topifoam" is the brand I like, good look and a speedy recovery. 

Garments

I think that it is best to ask your surgeon what garment if any he prefers.  Some surgeons do not use garments post-op.

Liposuction

I am not sure what you mean by Asher skin to muscle.  However, any garment will work.  Even Spanx and other normal garments.  The point is to keep mild compression to reduce swelling and keep the area smooth while the swelling goes down and the tissues retract. 
Good luck !

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Does compression foam help?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Though each surgeon is different I do not feel compression foam helps unless your supplied garment does not appropriately apply tension to some portion of your body undergoing treatment. In these cases foam can be used to help taper compression in order to minimize the risk of sheer injury to the tissues that can create fluid collections or prevent attachment of the skin to the underlying muscles.  Hope this help.s