Scar and scar tissue removal?

I had clamps put on my tubes , birth control, 1 fell off landed on colon and abcesses 3 yrs it was 10 centimeters deep ,it left a scar that looks like a butt hole on belly just above pelvic...due to drainage hole , I have a little discomfort, I think due to scar tissue...what kind of doctor should i look for? I am single and this has gave me very low self esteem, don't want to take cloths off....plz help

Doctor Answers 2

Scar Solutions--Abdominal Scar, Series of Treatments, Surgery, Lasers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend getting a formal consultation to find out your best options. This may need a combination of surgical scar revision in stages and then laser treatments.  I suggest seeing a scarring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Repairing a surgical scar on the abdomen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Abdominal surgical scars can be improved with surgical re excision followed by laser therapy to improve contour. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.