Tummy tuck or liposuction. (photos)

Hi i am a 29 women with 3 kids with my first two I went back down to my normal weight 150 but when I had my 3rd child almost 4yeras ago I was pretty big doing my pregnancy I went from 150 to 200 pound my stomach is very stretched out at the bottom I could never get the weight off .. What do u think is best a tummy tuck or Liposuction I am really scared to go under the skin was I was really thinking liposuction how much would it be for either one and to me it looks like I have a hernia

Tummy tuck or lipo

Thank you for the photos, judging by both your story and your photos I would recomend a tummy tuck. Liposuction will not address any of your concerns. See a board certified plastic surgeon who operates at a certified facility and has done a ton of tummy tucks and you will be in good hands. All surgeries carry risks but you should not fear a tummy tuck especially if the surgey is done by a professional. Shop around and ask one simple question;  how many tummy tucks did you do on patients who looked just like me last year? Do not settle for vague answers and good luck.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Dear S,                                                                                                                                                                     Only one of your pictures pictures comes up clear, but in any event, it is sufficient  for me to see that you have skin and muscles laxity , from the chest bone to the pubic bone.                                                             I have been in practice for 29 years and performed well over 1000 tummy tucks. Based on that experience and you picture, in my practice, you will be a candidate for tummy tuck only. Any other procedure (lipo etc) will leave you very unhappy. I do not recommend to combine tummy tuck with liposuction, because the combined procedures are associated with severe complications (X 10 times more than just tummy tuck alone), based on data from cosmetic surgery insurance company.                                    As far as weight loss before surgery, the test for it is done when you lie flat on your back, if the stomach is flat,  you can have tummy tuck immediately, because your muscles can be tightened optimally. If, on the other hand, your stomach is bulging up significantly, weight loss is the prudent way to go. I recommend to my over weight patients the book 'Sugar busters' for weight loss. I, myself, lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks  based on the principles of the book.                                                                                                        You have to realize, though, that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic  eye are critical for  for good and safe outcome. So, do your due diligence and choose your surgeon wisely.                                                                                                                                                      Always, consult with experienced board certified  plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery,to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat somach, low scar and nice belly button.                     Best of luck,                                               Dr Widder                    

Tummy tuck or liposuction.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery and repair of hernia at some point. Generally speaking, always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively. Also generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and (again) has reached a long-term stable weight. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Best procedures for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I would have to say that I agree with the others in that based on your information provided you would likely make a good candidate for the tummy tuck. Here is what I tell my patients in regard to this procedure:Abdominoplasty candidates have: ·       excess abdominal skin which may sag ·       a disproportionate or protruding abdomen ·       weakened or separated abdominal muscles ·       excess fat concentrated in the abdomenAll you would need to do is seek out a local board-certified surgeon and schedule a consultation to discuss your desired results and see if he feels the same way. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck

For the best results you would need a tummy tuck. Having liposuction only will leave you with even more loose skin. A tummy tuck with liposuction will tighten the abdominal muscle and remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen. In addition, your hernia can be repaired at the same time. Make sure you are at a stable weight before having the procedure. Make sure you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.You are a good candidate for tummy tuck.  If you just had Liposuction, your skin would be more wrinkly . It is possible that you may have a hernia. If you do this can be repaired at the same time as a tummy tuck .   Tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat and tightens the tummy muscles. I invented the Malibu tummy tuck. This gives a very natural looking tummy and bellybutton. In addition pain and recovery are significantly less versus traditional techniques. It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery. Please see enclosed video

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Based on these photos and your history, there is no way that liposuction alone will give you the contour that you deserve.Make sure that you are at a reasonable weight before surgery, your board certified plastic surgeon can help you with setting goals.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Tummy Tuck

It's my pleasure to answer your question.You are a candidate for the Tummy Tuck surgery where the extra skin is retired and the abdominal wall muscles repaired.Sincerely,Dr. Aramis Vega

Aramis Vega, MD