Follow-up: How do they fix uneven breasts? breast augmentation done a year ago (photo added)

Okay so I'm reposting this since the first one didn't include my pic I don't know why. I had a breast augmentation a year ago. They are extremely uneven as you can see. I'm very self conscious about them. What can be done to fix them? How successful could it be?

Uneven breasts

Combinations of different procedures can be performed based upon the patient's desire.  Augmentation with different sizes may be the easiest or just adding an implant to the smaller one.

Fixing uneven breasts

The post op appearance of the left breast is consistent with a capsule having formed around it. This is early but can be still be a problem and if left will possibly get firm and even uncomfortable. The causes are post operative haemorrhage, subclinical infection, or and inadequate pocket size.Treatment would be an operation called capsulectomy and replantation with the same implant, hopefully. The pocket location may need to be changed as well if the capsule if quite thick and well developed. To find out which is best you should see your surgeon and have him or her examine you. The Rt side is probably the same size but soft due to the lack of fibrous scar in the capsule.

Ken Dolynchuk, MD
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Fixing asymmetries can be done by a lot of different techniques

Thanks for your question and the photo. It would be helpful to see what your preop photo looked like and to know the details of your implants. Options would be to change implant sizes, lift the lower nipple areolar complex and/or place fat to the smaller side. Not knowing the degree of preop asymmetry or surgery details makes it hard to know how to answer. Hopefully you and your surgeon can agree upon a plan. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

How do they fix uneven breasts? breast augmentation done a year ago

Hi... thank you for the question and photo... in order to correct this asymmetry, implant size can be changed along with a periareolar correction. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you very much for your question.

It's hard to make recommendations simply from a picture, but it appears as though you do have some asymmetry.  I would visit with your plastic surgeon and see what they recommend.  My guess is that they'd recommend a lift on the right side (likely just a circumareolar lift without a vertical scar).  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Redo breasts?

From a single photograph you supplied it's hard to tell if the volume is off as well as the position of the areola. I would change implant sizes if need be, put fat grafting into the small side, and do a circum-areolar mastopexy on the right. I recommend going back to your operating surgeon to discuss these options. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

your photo does show your asymmetry. preop photos would be helpful. a full exam and discussion will help clarify your desires for further improvement. your input is key to achieving a result closer to your expectations. your result can be improved.

A Revision for volume asymmetry with a right donut lift is possibly indicated>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Breast Augmentation Revision

Since one year has passed, revision is not unreasonable. Physical exam and preoperative photos would be helpful, but it appears that the left breast pocket needs to be lowered and increased in size. If you were reasonably symmetrical before surgery, increase size of left implant probably not needed. Ask your surgeon to take care of it or seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

You should go get an in-person examination

Hello Proudmom93 and thank you for your question. If you have not already seen your plastic surgeon, I encourage you to do so.  I hope that whoever you go to is board certified in plastic surgery. You definitely have some asymmetry, but hard to comment in that I don't know how much asymmetry you had pre-op.  In addition, you need an examination to determine what the cause is in order to decipher what to do to fix this problem.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD