Can low Estradiol levels in a 20 year old female cause thinning hair?

Im 20 years old and ive been having thinning hair for awhile now not in patches but all over and ive recently had a blood test come back saying i have low Estradiol levels.Could this be the reason for my thinning hair?

The Hair Loss Mystery--Hair Loss Treatment Options--Prp and progesterone

It can be one of the factors. I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Low estradiol

yes, any abnormalities in your hormones can be the culprit in female hair loss. you should also have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and your hair, and provide you with options to slow your hair loss.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Female hair loss

I have written extensively on female hair loss and yes is an answer to your question.  Please read below for more information

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon