Can exercising too soon post MM cause migraines?

I'm 5.5 weeks post mommy makeover. I feel back to normal so I did a ten minute thigh workout and felt ok after. Cue to an hour later I got the worst migraine that's making me so nauseous. I never get headaches like this. I know I'm hydrated enough.

Dr. Derby Sang

i suggest you to contact your PS, he/she is the best person to go over all your concerns because of his/her possession of your medical history.

Best of luck, hope you feel better. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Haven't heard of this but obviously, that doesn't mean this can't happen. Best to let your body tell you what you can tolerate this soon after surgery. Most plastic surgeons recommend a gradual introduction of exercise after MM. If this continues to happen, you may want to see your PCP for a workup. Hope this helps!

Exercise after mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Strange things can happen after surgery -
  • There is no way to tell if there is or is not a connection to your migraine.
  • Many migraines are the result of muscle spasm around nerves in the face -
  • So if you found the brief work out painful it could have led to facial muscle contractions and a migraine.
  • I suggest you let your surgeon know, manage the migraine and try exercise in a few days.
  • If the same migraine comes back - then there is presumably a connection. If not, not.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Exercising too soon?

This short answer to your question is NO. The longer answer is that there is likely some other explanation.  If you don't have migraine problem before the surgery, then have your primary care doctor take a look.  hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon