Recovery time/pain after breast augmentation and lift?

I am 28yr old. 5'5" and 125lbs. I had a breast augmentation with full anchor lift 425 gel sub muscular placement on April 9th and I have had quite a lot of pain with light activity like dishes, laundry, showering.... Not sure if this is normal? I had to refill my pain meds, I feel like I can't do anything if I don't take them.

Breast Lift and Augmentation

Hi Kris,
You had two operations in one, so you are bound to have some discomfort.  I can't obviously say for sure, but this sounds normal.  So, make an appointment and keep your surgeon in the loop to be sure.  We let our patients go all out at three weeks, if they have normal healing.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Thank you for your question. It sounds like what you are experiencing is normal. However, you should contact your surgeon with your concerns. Best of luck.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Pain after augmentation + lift

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation + lift.

• Please check with your surgeon about what activity is reasonable for you.
  • You are one week after major breast surgery - with large implants on a small frame.
  • You will still be in considerable pain but if it is not improving day-by-day, please have your surgeon check you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.