2 weeks post-op scarring - should I be Concerned? (Photos)

I will be two-weeks post-op tomorrow. My PS used what I believe was Dermabond instead of steristrips, as I have sensitive skin to adhesive tape. Should I be concerned and call my PS? At my follow up last week, he said everything looked good. I'm just a bit concerned about the darkening when looking at others' two week scarring pictures.

Should I be concerned

The incision is healing well.  The appearance is just a little dried blood and the dermabond          

This will go away in a few weeks

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Should I be concerned

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This will go away in a few weeks

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Scar 2 weeks after surgery

Thank you for your question and pictures. Your scars seem to be healing well. What I think you are referring to is dried blood mixed with Dermabond which is essentially skin glue. Scars take about 1 year to mature so I wouldn't be critical of scars at this early postoperative period. You should definitely speak with your plastic surgeon about any scar recommendations she/he may have for you. 

Dr. Suzette Miranda 

Scar 2 weeks after surgery

Dr. Suzette Miranda 

BBA Incisions

Thank you for your question and photos. This doesn't appear problematic. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon. You can expect your scars to gradually fade over the next year. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about scar protection.

All the best

BBA Incisions

All the best

Scar looks normal

Dear clp84,

you shouldn't be worried. Your incision is healing well. Soon you can start using silicone scar gel to try to reduce the scar.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Scar looks normal

Dear clp84,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

2 weeks post op

Dear catie84,

You appear to be healing well. If you are worried, it is best to see you operating surgeon in person to discuss your concerns.

2 weeks post op

Dear catie84,

Scars

Congratulations on your breast augmentation!  Based on your photos your incisions look fine.  The dark areas are probably just some dried blood in the dermabond.  This will eventually separate and peel off as you continue to heal.  However, if this is concerning to you, an in person evaluation by your surgeon is better than any advice that can be given from photos alone.  Best of luck with your recovery.

Scars