What are recommended aftercare vitamins and other things needed for post op?

Vitamins and dietary supplements as part of a mommy makeover.

In a healthy patient there is no evidence that vitamins or any dietary supplement helps the process of healing. As a matter of fact, indiscriminate use of fat soluble vitamins can create problems. Clear any medication that you're taking prescription or otherwise with your surgeon.

Post op care

Since every surgeon has his or her own unique post op protocol, contact your surgeon's office. Typically, most have a download that they can send you with all of your post op instructions. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mommy Makeover and Vitamins

You should talk to your surgeon about this, for my patients, I have them take VitaMedica vitamins before and after surgery. They contain Arnica Montana and Bromelain for bruising and swelling, besides being high quality vitamins that do not contain vitamin E. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Once you choose a surgeon you will need to commit to following that doctor's advice and protocols, not the advice of someone on an internet site who has never seen or examined you and has no knowledge of your specific medical history. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Tips

Thank you for your question. I would recommend following your plastic surgeons specific instructions regarding the use of supplements. I recommend several supplements to my patients. Bromelian 200-400mg three times per day and oral or topical Arnica. The Arnica dose will vary based upon the package you purchase. I believe these products help minimize swelling and bruising, but would only use if cleared by your doctor. A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables will also help your recovery. Patients have also found it useful to have more than one compression garment. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you for your question.  Each surgeon will have their own respective protocol of diet and vitamin restrictions and recommendations, so best to ask them directly.  That said, I am attaching a link below regarding minimizing bruising and swelling which will help during your recovery.  Best wishes on your surgery.