I am 39 years old 140 lbs. Wondering what procedure would be best for me, Liposuction or Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Just wondering what surgerie woulb be best for my condition. Liposuction or tummy tuck. Thank you

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Hello, thanks so much for your pictures and for your inquiry. Liposuction works on relatively small amounts of stubborn fat that can not go away with diet and exercise. A tummy tuck on the other hand helps getting rid of the extra sagging skin after pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. It also repairs the abdominal muscle wall when is protruded making the tummy flatter. So in your case it would be better to have both. Liposuction in waist, flanks and lower back will help you achieve an hourglass shape. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You would benefit from a combination of liposuction and a tummy tuck.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.   Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area 
#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)

Thanks for your excellent photos.  The main distinction between liposuction and tummy tuck procedures is that liposuction alone can improve contour of various areas such as the flanks and abdominal wall but it will not correct a separation of the rectus muscles or improve excessive lax skin.  Only a tummy tuck procedure will enable you to excise the excess skin and repair or plicate the abdominal muscles.  Based on your photos and what appears to be both abdominal wall laxity and excess skin, you would achieve the best result with a tummy tuck.  

Liposuction or tummy tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question. You appear to have a weakened abdominal wall and skin laxity which are best addressed through a tummy tuck procedure. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck

You appear to have rectus diastasis or separation of your paired rectus abdominis muscles that can result in a bulging abdomen.  Liposuction alone will not correct that although it will reduce the thickness of your abdominal wall.  Your best result would be with a tummy tuck that plicates the rectus abdominis fascia.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

Thanks for your excellent pictures.  You appear to have a combination of excess subcutaneous fat combined with muscle and skin relaxation presumably due to childbirth.  Liposuction will only Then the fat layer but has a quick and easy recovery with hidden surgical incisions.  The more dramatic and probably more appropriate procedure for you however requires a longer incision and recovery but would provide a more dramatic result.  A full tummy tuck will remove a wide ellipse of skin below your belly button to the pubic area while allowing for tightening of the muscle layer that has relaxed over time.  Look at before-and-after pictures and you will see how dramatic the improvement can be.  I have attached a link to a video that also discusses the difference between liposuction and a tummy tuck that you will find informative.  Good luck. Best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck

It lookalike you have weak muscles and loose skin which suggests a tummy tuck might be best.  Lipo can reduce the fatty layer only.  Best to be seen in person.

Tummy Tuck with Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck procedure with Liposuction. The combination of these procedures will address the loose skin on your abdomen and help you achieved a flat tummy and contoured waistline. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question and pictures. The procedure you decide on really depends on what final result you want. Liposuction alone will remove excess fat and sculpt your abdomen and waistline. A tummy tuck in addition to sculpting will also tighten your tummy muscles, to flatten your abdomen and remove loose skin. From your pictures it appears that you have excess skin but it is not hanging. I believe that if you want a better shape liposuction will certainly give you a nice improvement. If, however, you want a flat tight tummy, then a Tummy tuck would be the better option, as it will not only remove excess fat but will also address tummy muscle bulge and excess skin removal.