What is the cost of neovagina surgery?

I'm a 21 year old diagnosed with vaginal agnesis. I am interesting in having sex and would like to undergo neovagina surgery in order to allow me to be penetrated. What is the price range for the surgery? I live in Canada and would need a price to save money aside.

Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Find the surgeon first

I agree with Dr Miklos below, that this is a procedure that shouldn't be shopped on price.  There are not a lot of surgeons exprerienced in creating a neovagina.  In many cases this would be considered a medically necessary reconstructive surgery, so often it would be covered by insurance.  I'm not sure if there is an experienced surgeon in Canada under the national health service, but I suspect that there is one in one of the medical schools.  I would start there.

Neovagina Surgery

Dear Kaylaaa

First and foremost you need to find a surgeon who performs a neovagina. Then you need to find a surgeon who has experience i.e. volume performing the procedure.  Once you find that surgeon you need to then ask him/her what their success rate is as well as the technique they employ.  You need to educate yourself as to the complications associated with that procedure in that specific surgeons hands.  There are few people in the world let alone on this site who have the experience, expertise and the qualifications to perform a successful surgery. 

My practice has been performing laparoscopic Davydov neovagina for over 17 years and have performed more than 400 of them with a 98% surgical success rate.   You can contact our office to discuss the price, protocol  and the necessary labs, studies which are required prior to the surgery. Best of luck in your endeavors.

John R Miklos MD

Urogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai