Stitches sticking together after getting nasal muscle cut from lip muscle?

The tip of my nose was drooping when I smiled, so my plastic surgeon cut the muscle to stop that from happening. He advised me to put vaseline on the stitches if they stick together but I have been having an incredibly hard time getting any to stay in place. The stitches have been stuck together for 4 days and the more I try to put vaseline on them, they start to get irritated (I had very very minor bleeding today). It's too swollen to see what is happening. Should I be worried?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, the is nothing to worry about Typically closing sutures dissolve. Follow up with your surgeon.

Post op question

it sounds like your surgeon divided your depressor muscle.   Typically closing sutures dissolve.  It's not likely anything to worry about.  Best to followup with your surgeon.  

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon