One side of nose is longer, and curved from the front at 5 months, almost 6? (photos)

Hi, i had rhino june, 2014. My nose had a slight curve, and it was closer to my face. Now at full 5 months my left side is longer than my right and bigger. My nose comes out a lot more and is bigger. There is a curve from the front. I understand some of it is swelling, but does it really change that dramatically? Am i going to go back to what it was after a year? I've only had one shot of steroid which was very small, not even a quarter. Is this scar tissue? Will it go away? Or revision? Thanks!

One side of nose is longer, and curved from the front at 5 months, almost 6?

Greetings. Thank you for your uestion. There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Healing after rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty healing takes a long time.  Five months after surgery is a good amount of time to have to start seeing the final result but not all healing has taken place.  You have done a good job of uploading after photos but there are not sufficient before photos to make a good comparison.  I would recommend uploading some before photos of you front and side profile to get a better idea of what changes have occurred.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD