How do I remove old acne scars/pigmentations?

My acne went away for about 2 years now but the pigmentations remain. Theres a noticeable pigmentation on the right side of my face on the jaw line. Its been there for 2years.

Treating Acne Scars

Acne scarring can be a tricky problem that is resistant to treatment. Profractional Laser Resurfacing is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. Profractional laser retexturizes and remodels photoaged or sundamaged skin, revitalizes skin that had been marked from acne scars in earlier decades, and rejuvenates skin that has lost its luster. It works by replacing old tissue with new. Results are dramatic. In addition, the laser tightens skin, reduces acne scars, pores and wrinkles. The downside to the treatment is that it has a variable amounts of recovery depending on how aggressive the procedure will be performed. The most optimal way to treat the acne scars would be to implement Profractional with other modalities – including non-ablative lasers, minor surgical procedures, and injectable fillers. Scars can be tough to improve but it can be done with your patience and willingness to do treatments in stages. You will see improvements gradually over time.

Acne and Pigmentation

I would recommend a combination of bleaching agents, topical Vitamin C, and chemical peels to remove this pigmentation.  Please consult a specialist for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green