How will previous removal of buccal pads impact upcoming fat transfer to cheeks?

Hello, I had my buccal pads removed years ago and am now scheduled to have a face lift and fat transfer to my cheeks. Do buccal pads act as a support for the transplanted fat? Without buccal pads will the fat transfer have adequate structural support? What could be the result? Also, can scar tissue be penetrated during a fat transfer and will it affect the fat's placement and blood supply? Thank you! Thank you,

Buccal Fat Pad and Fat Transfer

Buccal fat pads do not support the future transplantation of fat.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer and buccal fat

Usually fat grafting to the cheeks is higher than were the buccal fat pad was located.  Best of luck.

Buccal fat

don't worry, putting fat into the cheek is independent of previous Buccal fat.None of the things you are worrying about are an issue.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon